Monday 16 December 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Review ♥

Hey girlies! So as day 4 of the 12 Days Of Blogmas I thought I'd do a review on an old but very hyped foundation. When it comes to Bourjois you may instantly think of the chocolate bronzer or healthy mix serum.. But today I'm going to talk to you about the normal Healthy Mix Foundation!

The foundation comes in the prettiest packaging! It has a nice red top and looks pretty! It comes with a pump, which I like. But most importantly, 1 pump doesn't give a masses of foundation! The shade I had was 53 'Light Beige'. Which was a really nice summer match, but maybe slightly too dark for the winter.

The consistency of the foundation is runny but on the thick side. It's not as runny as the Rimmel Lasting Perfection Foundation or L'Oreal True Match, so that's good. The coverage is about medium but buildable. I found myself using 1 pump all over my face and 1/2 a pump on any needed areas. Bourjois say "Give your skin a radiance boost and leave it looking flawless for up to 16 hours! Bourjois’ new Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix foundation is enriched with a fruit therapy formula to enhance your complexion.". I don't necessarily agree with the 16 hour last, in fact it struggled to last through 6 hours of school! But that may be down to me having oily skin, so on dryer skin, this may be perfect!

Onto a slightly controversial side, the foundation is said to have a 'fruity' scent. And it does! But sometimes it can be overwhelming, especially the first time you try it! So if you know your one who does NOT like scents, this may not be for you. But definitely go into Superdrug and test it on your hand for the shade and smell, you may not mind it! Also, their shade range isn't massive, I believe they have maybe 8 or 9 shades? Most of them are quite pale, so you may find it difficult to get your shade.

The foundation retails for £9.99, which I find slightly expensive for a drugstore foundation, but if your willing to spend that, definitely go for it!

Thankyou all for reading!
xo, Georgia

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog! I might try out this foundation as well! Keep on going your blog is lovely! :*

    www.beautiegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dry skin so this would be good for me! I will have to smell it first though :)
    Great blog and posts :3

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete